Monday, January 11, 2016

Setting up Coherence C++ with Eclipse Mars 4.5.1

The following below steps one can perform to configure eclipse with c++ for coherence 12c.

Pre-requisites.

1. Eclipse Mars
2. Eclpse C++ plugin/package for Mars
3. Coherence 12c (Standalone install)

Recently I was building proof of concept of integration of c++ with coherence. I am not a c++ guy, so the first step for me to get an IDE that will help me build C++ project.  I was facing lot of issues, during building c++ client, since my IDE was not recognizing coherence libraries. The below were few configurations which I did for including c++ coherence library for my c++ client.

1. Create New C++ Project


2. Enter project Name, select Linux GCC as tool chain & click on finish.



3. Once the project is created, right click on the project & select Properties.


4. Go to C/C++ Build & select settings. In the Tool Settings tab, click on Includes and select "<COHERENCE_CPP_HOME/Include" location. & Click OK



5. Now under GCC C++ linker, within the tool setting tab, add "coherence" within the library(-l) option  & add lib path as <COHERENCE_CPP_Home"/lib folder




6. Click Save.

Rebuild your project and you should now be able to build coherence c++ client.





























No comments: